Customer Success Stories
Maintain Sales While Reducing Operating Expenses by 30%
CB Engineering is a leading provider of instrumentation and controls products and solutions to the industrial market in Western Canada. Since our inception in 1974, our employees have committed themselves to setting consistently high standards for customer service. Our manufacturers rank amongst the best and most innovative in the industry, and together, we work to help our customers reach their goals.
- Increasingly competitive North American market for specialized processes automation, instrumentation, and other equipment
- Needed highly trained staff for selling and servicing highly complex products that can cost as much as $250,000
- Wanted to win trust and confidence of manufacturer-partners
- Combination of fragmented accounting applications and spreadsheet-based sales-order systems couldn’t supply timely information on status of custom orders.
- Replaced existing IT applications and spreadsheets with NetSuite ERP and CRM
- Automates sales-order, purchase-order, inventory-management, and shipping processes
- Dashboards give real-time tracking of often-complex proposals, complete sales activities, and manufacturer updates for in-process custom products
- Ability to work remotely helps recruit and maintain skilled technicians for sales and support.
- Reduced operating expenses by 30%
- Sales report frequency improved from 1 report per quarter to automatic monthly and self-service on-demand reports as needed
- Workflow handling cut typical sales training time from 2 years to 3 months
- Time to process in-stock order dropped from 30 minutes to 5 minutes
- Time to compile 100-line custom-order proposal dropped from 3 hrs. to 30 min.
- Ability to manage and report on very-large data volumes strengthened CB’s relationships with customers as well as suppliers.